Sunday, April 20, 2008

Construction Zone

Right now my apartment is a construction zone. It had been lovely and clean, albeit with some cracks in the walls and the ceiling crumbling a bit, but CLEAN. Now, Renan is fixing my apartment, and though he put newspaper down, I’ve never met a fixer who can also clean up after him/herself. There are lovely bits of plaster on my floor, on all my belongings, and on all the surfaces that Norma and I had spent hours cleaning. At least there’s nothing else to get dirty. The only things I have at the moment are a bed, bedside table, fridge, microwave and various kitchen items.

Oh! I finally got an office chair… You have no idea how difficult they are to find here in Santiago. Department stores do not sell them, only office furniture stores and this place called Sodimac Home Center, which is literally Home Depot en EspaƱol… Literally, down to the orange sign. A taste of home?

No comments: