Sunday, April 13, 2008

first concert - SPANISH!

I made it! I finished my first professional concert… here is a short video of the hall the night of the first concert, a program of Spanish music. week!
The hall is always practically full. It’s not very large, but beautiful with quite good acoustics.

It was an interesting week, to say the least. There were some disagreements between myself and the conductor, and the age-old question of what to do when that happens. Considering it was my first week, I ultimately did what he wanted, though it was completely contradictory to what the composer had written. I think line-crossing occurred. However, we came to an understanding that resulted in a compromise for both, and I think it ended up being a quite successful concert, with both parties more or less pleased. But what a way to start my first

No comments: